Winter holidays with teenagers in Austria
Travelling to Austria with your family? Teenagers can now obtain a so-called "Holiday Ninja Pass" to access hotels, restaurants, and ski lifts.
Tests? Certificates? Quarantine? Travelling during COVID times has given many of us a bit of a headache lately. However, we have news for families with teenagers planning a winter holiday in Austria this season!
THE HOLIDAY NINJA PASS
While fully vaccinated adults from the UK can freely enter hotels, restaurants and ski lifts just by showing their NHS Covid Pass, teenagers are now able to obtain a valid so-called “2-G” status as well even if they are not (yet) double-jabbed. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from the "2-G" rule.
The Holiday Ninja Pass works as follows:
• Teenagers from 12 and born on or after 1 September 2006 are eligible
• The Holiday Ninja Pass can be downloaded before travelling to Austria here
• Teenagers are required to take at least 2 PCR and one LFT test during a week-long period and record the results in the Holiday Ninja Pass
• PCR tests are valid for 72 hours, LFT for 48
• The PCR test required when entering Austria already counts as the first test
Example for a holiday week from Saturday to Saturday:
• Day 1: PCR test on Friday - valid until Monday morning
• Day 2: Arrival on Saturday with negative PCR test from Friday
• Day 3: LFT Sunday morning - valid until Tuesday morning
• Day 4: PCR test Monday morning - valid until Thursday
• Day 7: PCR test Thursday morning - valid until Sunday morning
• Day 9: Travel back to the UK on Saturday
Holiday Ninja Pass - FAQ
Please note: Teenagers born before 1 September 2006 need to be fully vaccinated
Free COVID-19 tests, including for visitors, are available in all major winter destinations. Check out testing options in Tirol, Salzburg, Vorarlberg, Carinthia, Styria and Vienna.
ENTRY TO AUSTRIA
Double-jabbed travellers from the UK can enter Austria with proof of a booster OR a negative PCR test (valid 72 hours) without quarantining. Please find more information about entry requirements here.
RETURN TO THE UK
Please also consider the guidelines of the UK government when travelling back:
You need to take a LFT on or before your second day in the UK if you are not fully vaccinated. Tests are available from various UK providers.